All the participants met for the first time in Tallahassee in December 2013. We curated a great mixed of mostly Florida-based writers and artists, including Scott Bell, Denise Bookwalter, Kevin Curry, Bridget Elmer, AB Gorham, Deborah Hall, Jessie King, Ellen Knudson, Keith Kopka, Abigail Lucien, Allison Milham, Landon Perkins, Jeff Peters, Jessica Peterson, Jessica Plante, Christine Poreba, Michelle Ray, Sonja Rosow, Mary Jane Ryals, Ron Salutkey, Jay Snodgrass, Kristine Snodgrass, Danilo Thomas and Michael Trammel
The first task was to pair one writer with one artist. We did this through a random drawing. Then, we visited the Florida State Archives, looked at the original manuscript, and researched our individual chapters.
Each pair was given a set of constraints to work with, and a deadline of Summer 2014.
- Size: 11” x 12 ¾” (2 sections by 3 sections, each section is 5.5” x 4 ¼”)
- We will send artists an InDesign template file with size, color and font
- Font is: Perpetua: title (14pt), heading (12pt) and body text (10pt)
- Title for each chapter is on first panel of section: 2.5 inches from top of page to baseline of 14 pt text, centered on page
- 4 colors: Pantone 101 (yellow), Pantone 230 (magenta), Pantone 298 (blue), black